With friends or family, the barbecue has become a staple of your summer days. The charcoal barbecue is still the preferred model for lovers of tradition. Its fuel (charcoal) offers a smoky taste to grilling that makes the tasting successful. We particularly appreciate the authentic character of the embers. While it certainly takes a little getting used to and a wait time for the embers to be operational, it remains one of the best solutions when you plan to cook grills. A wide range of equipment is available, according to everyone’s expectations, for a tailor-made charcoal barbecue. In various sizes, shapes, with or without wheels, with or without a lid … The charcoal barbecue is available both in a reduced model and in an XXL version to support a large table of
Models of charcoal barbecues
- The fixed charcoal barbecue: most often built in stones or bricks, it is placed near the terrace, but not too close to the house to avoid smoking. Above a certain size, the owner must apply for a building permit.
- The mobile charcoal barbecue: sometimes fitted with casters on one side, it can be easily moved around the garden or stored under a shelter during the winter. It also has the advantage of being able to be oriented according to the wind direction.
- The portable charcoal barbecue: placed directly on the table or on a work surface, it allows you to organize a barbecue wherever you are, including in an apartment. But its capacity is more limited, it can only meet the needs of a handful of people.
The selection criteria
- The material: either stainless steel or cast iron for portable and mobile devices. As for fixed models, you have the choice between concrete, stone, or brick.
- The accessories: bring some utensils for ease of use as an additional vertical grid to sell the fat, a double gate to enclose the food and return quickly, or the spit to better distribute cooking. A masonry barbecue must also always have a hood to evacuate the fumes.
Best charcoal barbecue
With this charcoal barbecue from Alice’s Garden, discover the pleasure of rapid cooking and lighting! Two aerators are present to fan the embers, they are adjustable to regulate the airflow and not to consume the coal too quickly. There is ventilation under the tank, at the level of the ash receptacle, and one at the level of the hood, to allow the air to circulate. In addition, the charcoal is placed on an enameled interior grid, to leave a vacuum and thus provide oxygen. It is supplied with several grids: a charcoal grid, a cooking grid, and a grid at foot level, for storage. A thermometer is present to control the cooking.
Weber charcoal barbecue
This Weber charcoal barbecue offers a 54.5 cm cooking surface. Its enameled steel tank makes it a high-end model. A thermometer is integrated into the lid to better control the cooking temperature. The hinged cooking grid-supplied is made of chromed steel for optimal resistance and quality of cooking. Its stainless steel cleaning system makes cleaning convenient and easy. It has four glass fiber reinforced bowl handles with a utensil holder as well as two lid handles with heat protection resistant to heat and UV.
Charcoal cast iron barbecue
This Somatic cast iron charcoal barbecue is a very good material for cooking on a spit. With it as a tool, you can cook and roast the food firmly held on a spindle driven to rotate continuously thanks to the engine running. Under the action of heat, cooking fats are naturally eliminated and flow vertically without being in direct contact with the embers. It also has two caster feet to make it portable. It is also easily detachable for cleaning after use without complications.
Portable charcoal barbecue
This portable barbecue is practical especially for camping or other getaways. Its foldable feet make it easily portable. It also has a handle to carry it like a bag. It is also compact, which makes it space-saving in the car. The size of its grid allows preparing grills for 3 to 5 people without effort. This portable barbecue is also supplied with two grids with small stainless steel mesh, anti-rust, and removable for more comfort of use.
Charcoal barbecue with cover
The Jamie Oliver charcoal barbecue with lid is ideal for all barbecue enthusiasts, both beginners, and connoisseurs. The body of the barbecue is made of stainless steel, for optimal heat regulation. Ideal for a nice piece of evenly cooked meat! This barbecue has a large cooking surface with a diameter of 47 cm. Large enough to enjoy a family meal. The barbecue lid is fitted with an extra-large thermometer on which you can read the temperature accurately. By using the valves, you can regulate the air supply to the boiler. This makes this material a beautiful complete barbecue and very easy to use!
Table charcoal barbecue
This charcoal barbecue is ideal to be stored directly on the table. Its ball shape has proven itself and is undoubtedly the most perfect form for grilling with a uniform result. This barbecue has an adjustable stainless steel valve to regulate the ventilation and thus less suffocate the meat during cooking. It is easy to clean, hygienic, and clean. Mobile and versatile, it is easily removable to take it everywhere with you. Lightweight, it takes up little space and is suitable for all uses (camping, hiking, picnics, festivals).