As soon as received, immediately tested! After several weeks of use, I can’t wait to let you discover my feelings on this treadmill which, despite my initial doubts, has surprised me in many ways. Functional, economical and easy to use, there is no doubt that it should satisfy novice and intermediate users. Let’s go !
Presentation of the NordicTrack C 700
From a financial point of view, the NordicTrack C 700 treadmill is one of the most affordable of the brand. It is intended for walkers and joggers looking to combine fun and variety of training. As soon as the device is installed, we can benefit from 20 pre-recorded programs, all designed by a certified coach.
Furthermore, this mat offers a 10% inclination – achievable at the touch of a button -, which allows you to vary the sessions and at the same time reduce joint trauma.
Finally, for the most athletic among you, a year of iFit subscription is included … Enough to occupy your days with thousands of predefined programs, all more original than each other.
Who is a treadmill for?
In my opinion, this model is not suitable for all uses or for all users. Thus, the C 700 is designed for:
- Those on a tight budget, but who still want to invest in a qualitative device with high-end features. Besides, in comparison with other models of higher ranges, the NordicTrack C 700 has nothing to envy;
- Those who prefer walking rather and running at low speed rather than sprints. Indeed, this is a crucial point to know: “the race track” is slightly shorter than most of the other models of the same range, which disadvantages the older ones with larger strides;
- Those who need a compact, foldable treadmill. This model folds and unfolds via a powerful hydraulic system. So, if you run out of space, you will have no trouble storing it at home and unfolding it during your sports sessions.
What I liked
It took me several weeks to get a concrete opinion on this model. Here are the points that I appreciated:
- Clear interface – speed, distance, heartbeat, calories burned, everything is perfectly presented. The LCD screen is of good manufacture and its ergonomics greatly facilitated;
- Variety of training – the pre-recorded sessions are of quality and well calibrated to familiarize yourself with the mat. Some even allow automatic incline adjustment to reach set goals (increase endurance, burn calories). The possibility of connecting an IFIT subscription is also a plus;
- Motorized incline – incline is not always included in treadmills, especially in the prices of the NordicTrack C 700. Thus, it is a real asset to vary your training sessions while preserving your joints. Note that you will only need one press to instantly adjust the incline of the mat (1-Touch Incline Control system);
- Cushioning Flex Select – this is an innovative system, also very well-honed on this model, which allows to reduce by 15% on average (according to the manufacturer) the impact of vibrations on your joints compared to a run on the road. However, if you want to reproduce the sensations of a road race, you just have to deactivate this technology;
- Training fan – during your workouts, a fan allows you to limit heatstroke to more easily reach your sporting goals. It even adapts to the intensity of your workouts! ;
- Tablet support – thanks to the tablet support, you can enjoy your multimedia content (films, music and series) by integrating your tablet directly on the module provided for this purpose. Once plugged in, it does not hinder the view of the console, which remains perfectly accessible for tracking your race data.
What I regret
Like every device, it also has faults. Here is what I regret:
- Running area – the treadmill is slightly shorter than other models. This is why it is more suitable for walking than for running. So, if you like spacious tracks, it’s best to invest in another model;
Note that this point is completely subjective and depends mainly on your size. Indeed, the fact that the track is smaller is especially restrictive for tall people. If you are less than 180 cm tall and your strides are “normal”, this model may well be suitable!
An update on guarantees
If you are an individual, you can benefit from the following guarantees:
- A two-year legal warranty on the structure, engine, parts and labor;
And much more if you register the device on iconsupport.eu/en within 28 days of delivery! In this case, you will add an additional 10 years for the structure, for a total of 12 years, as well as an additional 5 years for the motorization, for a total of 7 years.
Note that the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the product, improper or incorrect use, repairs delivered by a third person, improper places of exercise, such as wet or dusty parts which affect the proper functioning of the device.